How to make a pond for fish
Today, rural life has become more comfortable and enjoyable, and increasingly instead of slender beds of potatoes, carrots and tomatoes on the site there are various facilities for a pleasant stay. One of the fascinating and practical practice is the cultivation of fish in ponds. And if you are also thinking about how to make a pond for fish with your hands, you should learn the basic ways of realization of this idea.
The basic rules
In order to properly make a pond for fish farming, you must consider some tips:
• Be aware that for small-sized reservoirs need serious care, and the facility is very large ponds is quite expensive. Therefore, the optimal size of the reservoir for fish are considered the parameters within 25-50 sqm
• To create a pond for fish suitable outdoor area, so that during the day part of him was illuminated, and the second in the shade. Do not place the pond in low-lying parts of the site, otherwise avoid its flooding.
• The topography of the pond for the fish should be a complex of alternating shallow and deep sections with ledges and rapids, built at different depths.
• Pay special attention to the choice of soil, for example, for cultivation of carp suitable hard ground (gravel, pebbles, granite chips).
Podhodyashaya for pond
Should choose the right fish for your pond, the most common species are considered to be koi, carp, goldfish, crucian carp, tench. But if the goldfish and koi are considered decorative and more suitable for small ponds (often swim near the surface of the water and even eat from your hands), tench and carp live and feed on the bottom so they are often chosen for commercial cultivation of fish in ponds.
Popular and this fish for pond: shubunkin, Golden Orff, carp, perch, gudgeon, bream, ruff, bleak, minnow, verhovka, Rudd, eel, roach, these bodies of water, pike, white Amur, carp, channel catfish, and even trout and sturgeon.
How to make a pond for fish with their hands
Recall first the basic rules. Fish (up to 15 cm in length) is required for a comfortable private space at least 50 l of water. To make a pond for breeding fish, will definitely need a cleansing filter to the pump. The shape of the pond can be any depth of multi-level. If in the water, the fish will stay for the winter, make wintering well (for example, in the center of the bottom of the barrel dig in volume). So, let us consider the process of creating various ponds for breeding fish.
Pond fish feeder with concrete base may have any number of correct and incorrect form, for example, oval and such parameters: 4.5 m long, 3.3 m wide and 1.5 m deep. Settling pond in-situ concrete poured on the prepared cushion. For increased strength, a reinforcing tab make from wire, rods, creating the cells 15*15cm. Before pouring the concrete to the bottom of the stacked reinforced concrete pipe (D – 1m) for wintering fish (at 2m below the level of winter groundwater table location). Describe the sequence of actions:
1. The ground floor is rammed carefully, removed debris and tree roots are deeper for planting. Cut the wire rod with the right parts and put the cross on the cross, and fastened together at the intersections of soft wire. When you fill the bottom of the grid should be in the thickness of the concrete.
2. The bottom is poured concrete with such a composition: 1 part of cement (M400), 3 parts gravel, 2 parts sand (coarse-grained). The mortar is tamped and after its hardening are transferred to the concrete walls, which should be able to draft. Concreting of walls is made by means of the formwork. The thickness of the concrete should be at least 12-15 cm.
3. Optionally, you can make waterproofing: slightly stiff concrete placed 1-2 layers of roofing material or roofing felts with asphalt base, with subsequent concreting. So that the concrete does not dry, it’s Sunny weather make the grass or damp burlap.
4. Fill the pond with water, it can be done with the help of water supply systems: water-conducting pipe (D-0.5 inch) mask in stone-boulders and create the effect of a mini-waterfall.
5. At one of the banks mount the drain pipe to collect excess water.
Unlined ponds for fish it is possible to arrange on very wet soil with high groundwater. Equip a shallow film or clay trenches; however, they require constant care and updating. On the sandy soil and the bottom wall of the reservoir cover with a clay solution (10-15 cm thick), then evenly draped the walls with turf (straw).
If your site is a natural gully, with a small upgrade he could be a great pond to breed fish. Initially, the gully broaden and deepen, then his block earthen dam, which was poured along the entire length of small layers (15-20cm) and thoroughly tamped. For convenience, the dry soil can be lightly moistened with water from a watering can. The dam must rise above the water level in the pond by 0.5 m. it Should also equip a bypass ditch to drain flooding, the ditch should be around the end of the dam.
Supply and by-pass the ditch can be covered with concrete gutters and the bottom walls of the pond and a cement or concrete rebar, blocks, pebbles, crushed stone, fine gravel, clay or just the turf, and the dam of fill a wide (up to 1m) coastline of sand with a layer of 10-15 cm.
After the fish pond was filled with water, it needs to stand without inhabitants within one-two months to the bottom of the reservoir was covered with a typical silt cover and was able to settle down plants. Then the water is drained, and the pond filled again, then in a suitable aqueous medium to produce the fish.